Friday 30 August 2013

The change

The night is dark,
flames ignite the streets.
I turn and see no one,
but, my shadow following.

The war never grows old,
what grows old is conscience,
tired of torture and bloodshed.

There is hunger rising in me,
And I set ablaze to that soul of mine.
trapped in my chest,
waiting to be free.

The protest,
the resistance,
The revolt grows strong.
Cries of pain are heard,
Screams of anguish ring from every corner.

My heart rips apart my ribs,
And begs me to let go.
My body shakes with frustration,
Sweat turn my body black.

I look at myself,
at the broken mirror.
I have become a dark figure,
with no form, I am shapeless.

I am the shadow,
darkness resides in me.
I am the beast in the society,
I have the demon in me.
I turn around and see no one,
but, shadows following......

No comments:

Post a Comment